Wednesday 15 March 2023

Critique of my work By Richard Oughon

 I sent Peter Kennard an email to look at my work. Unfortunately, he did not reply to my message. I then racked my brain's and thought of asking my old photography tutor Richard, who was there at the start of my journey learning photography. Richard taught me the basics when I did night school in 2020. His work is moody and varied. He photographs events such as Northern Soul events. This appeals to me because he is documenting life for groups of people who are part of a subculture, I am inspired by his work as I am interested in sub-cultures such as punks.

It's very difficult to pigeonhole Richard because his work is varied in content. 

I sent him a message on Instagram today. 15th March 23.



Hi Richard, I hope you well. I wonder if I could ask a bit of a favor from you regards my work? I'm on my second year doing a degree in photography. I need a critique of my work for the exam. My context has become dystopian and I've been dabbling with appropriation and manipulating works of art and giving them a contemporary twist- a bit like Peter Kennard. I've moved away from nature shots all the time and have learned varied technical styles. Anyway, if you are okay with this, I can send you some pictures to look at and write a brief crit. Many thanks Richard.

Good evening Mark I hope alls well. Great to t from you & I hope the course is going well.
I’d be honoured thank you for asking me you can send on here or via email
rjoughton@gmail.com
Look forward to seeing them


Extract of Conversation. 

18th March 23
Spoke to Richard today to check if he has received my work via email. He stated he had and he's aiming to give feedback next week (week commencing 20th March 23) 
 

22nd April 23

I have not heard from Richard for a month now, I can only assume he has changed his mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture-how it is determined by the internet. Music and photography examined.

  “It feels like the internet's impact on culture is just beginning. A world in which culture is based on the internet, which is what I ...