Monday 7 November 2022

Industry. Shape.

 All the different genres of professional practice are commercial-i.e., selling.

In order to sell your images, you must be able to derive technical mastery of your practice and have creativity. Also, understand online business and have boundaries.

The structure is:

Commercial- Editorial, advertising and Products.

Publication-books, periodicals and editorials.

Social-weddings and portraits.

Associates-Education and Editing.

All the sectors above, the way selling takes place has changed to a web-based economy.

In all sectors, it is vital that-

1 You understand the client's needs

2 You can work on a small budget

3 Problem solve

4 Aware of copyright.

5 Flexible and fast.

6 Boundaries in work. Appropriate content.

7 Network with others.

The 3 main areas to gain entry into photography are

1 Educational

2 Assisting others.

3 Practice. 


In terms of what element I want to pursue, I am going down the educational route of gaining a degree and hopefully a masters. I want to sell my work and also use my experience to work as a curator (though its more likely at my age to be an asst curator). I enjoy putting together my two interests of history and photography. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture-how it is determined by the internet. Music and photography examined.

  “It feels like the internet's impact on culture is just beginning. A world in which culture is based on the internet, which is what I ...