Saturday 24 December 2022

Connections.

 It is important to have contacts in any industry especially the arts. Having contacts can be helpful in many ways such as promoting your work or giving you opportunities within the industry. They also help you gain other contacts and so on.

In my work, I am using the tutors for advice on which direction I am going and how to display my work in the future. They have also suggested I look at other artists and photographers who are interested in the same context as myself. I also speak to several professional photographers online who are either on Facebook or Instagram. They inform me of exhibitions in my area and give me feedback on my work. 


I have just joined Redeye in the last few weeks so this is another opportunity to expand my network. As well as this, I go to Blackpool Grundy Art Gallery and see the latest exhibitions and meet people in the industry. I am hoping here to lay the groundwork for one day exhibiting my work in the gallery.

I have recently updated my LinkedIn profile and adding professional content to all my social media platforms. I work 40 hours a week and sleep in the day due to working nights. This puts constraints in my path over what connections I can make. However, I am attempting to get out more in the spring and summer to meet new people. 



art exhibitions in blackpool - Bing images



No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture-how it is determined by the internet. Music and photography examined.

  “It feels like the internet's impact on culture is just beginning. A world in which culture is based on the internet, which is what I ...